Wednesday 14 March 2012

Nothingness In Success

I stand on a mountain, a moutain so high,
If i even jump a little, I'll touch the sky.
When I See around, I feel there is a void
So dark and gloomy, this sadness I wish to avoid.

I feel I have no friends, lost them all,
Climbed over their heads to reach the top of the knoll.
Having reached here, I sense nothingness
I feel I  made the wrong calls to reach till Success.

For this was not what I seek
Noone to share my feeling of being on that peak.
I stand alone on this peak today.
Noone to support if I went astray.

I think what I did was shamefully wrong,
Unable to keep up, my soul isn't that strong.
Never paid heed to all this at all,
But now I know where I had my most terrible fall.

God! Please forgive me, let me go back in time,
And change what I did, my biggest ever crime.
I need them all, all my friends back,
Else I see the things to come,gloomy and stark black.

I wander in wilderness to search for that smile,
One enabling me to go more than a mile.
Those get-togethers and parties, that time wouldn't come.
Those strings of guitar, the beat of the drum.

That golden era, my beautiful past,
I didn't know for how much time it would last.
Slowly, this emptiness,cripples my heart,
And has managed to chew away the happiness of my part.

I image myself like I am in the midst of an ocean,
Getting struck by a storm, drowning portion by portion,
Stranded in between, my boat beginning to sink,
Only salt water, not a drop to drink.

I fear the fact that when I go down from this hill.
I'd be meeting these friends downhill,
How will i react? What will they say?
Chances of even having a word seem to be grey.

Oh Divine power! help me with your might,
Please listen to this silly and over-ambitious person's plight.
Show me a way, Way to clean up this mess,
Help me to withstand this, let my emotions suppress.

I need to be where I was sometime ago,

No matter if this Success i have to forego.  

2 comments:

  1. One of my earlier written ones:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. DO NOT

    GET

    DISHEARTENED

    IN LIFE

    Come wht may!!

    n

    DO

    NOT

    BE



    OVERCONFIDENT EVER.....

    YES! confidence n Self respect amalgammed with

    SINCERITY n HARDWORK needed ALWAZ!

    LOVE

    MOMMA

    ReplyDelete