Friday 13 June 2014

And it Pours on me


We all feel lost, disillusioned if I may say. We try to find ways, make ways, pave ways and mostly cut ways to shorten them to reap the profits much in advance to the time we actually deserve it. We attain ourselves, seek ourselves and fulfil our deepest wishes through every breath we take in. Remember at this juncture that I am outcasting all those who do not seek to be something, wandering aimlessly looking into this world from the outside-in.

Today it poured in the place I reside in, as I still walked calmly through the rain, I saw all others (mostly) just running, running as they were afraid, afraid to get wet, afraid to let their weakness out, shown to the world, making themselves vulnerable, as if it was not water but acid flowing through the womb of the heavens.

I closed my eyes, making the most of the moment, trying to seek the sound and echo of that drop which had just hit my cheek, compartmentalising all other noise. As I found it, I smiled, seeking the happiness within, which I undoubtedly found. A series of flashes of memories was what I started to see, and in every moment I started to see more of what I am, more of what I have resulted into, more of what I had learnt rather than what I saw. Believing in myself, thinking into the future, I pictured myself with the people I want to be with at the end, if there is one, as I believe there is none.

We never fail to try, but believe me, if you have, think again, because that is probably your time to wander into wilderness and say hello to the grim reaper. This may seem a bit negative but yes it is the truth, if you do not know why you exist, there is no point to exist, to subsist, and to survive. If you still cannot find something you were brought on earth to do, think of just spreading happiness, by this I do not mean go party and live life like it is going to end tomorrow (that is selfish), happiness is when you make others smile, genuinely, truly, make them feel complete, make them feel needed. Maybe you were brought here to do just that.

Life is short, do you want to spend it making others happy as you live and sad as you leave, or, be selfish, think about yourself and lose the love that you could have found. Time doesn’t walk backwards.

“Ye pal kabhi nahi lautenge”

When I was in my formative years, there was a song we practiced to sing, it read:

“The time to be happy is now

The place to be happy is here

And the way to be happy is to make someone happy

And we will have a little heaven right here,
And we will have a little heaven right here...

This song stuck out for me, it had an appeal from the start for me. Why?...I do not know…or wait...   I DO KNOW!

No comments:

Post a Comment