Tuesday 10 June 2014

Life's a Beach

Life is a Beach

Yes I believe this as the best metaphor for life.

Why do I feel So?
Well, sitting silently at a beach, my mind tends to wander around the important essential elements of life which all exist due to various other related events that took place, had they been any different, the results emanating from them would surely be impossible to predict and to dream about. It always feels like those small soft sand particles which slips over each other gives effect of a sliding and rolling surface. Yes, what makes that happen is the water, the sea and in our case time. Time takes you, with every new moment, into another realm, a realm which we design based on how we use our time and what we choose to be. It pulls you in to your world, into your thoughts and asks you to take decisions.

Waves I believe is also one of the most beautiful element of the beach. It makes us learn how to keep going, how to fight back and also how to keep our courage in the face of adversity, thus making us see, what we really seek to be. The unstoppable continuity with which each wave hits the coast is such a beauty to see, only because it just keeps coming back and with every blow tries to take a part of the earth with it. Yes it destroys sand castles, yes it removes a new patch every time it goes away, but that is only because it is determined to go through anything that comes in its way.

And as these thoughts fill my mind, I am suddenly startled back into reality by my friend and I see the dark blue sky of the night, with the moon ever-so-shining brightly on to the ocean, the waves calm and composed keep coming towards me, ,making me feel like someone was talking to me, someone from the heavens above. And the roaring silence in the waves and the soft growl in the air made me walk towards the waves. Feeling the breeze as I touch the cold water on my feet, I start to think...

I saw all the times that have changed and all the people that have come and gone through my life flashed before me and everything I have learnt from them made me smile. As I thought this, I look at the waves, taking away sand from under my feet as I stand at the same place. I saw that with every blow it took some part of me, like all the situations you get into life, make you choose a path to walk on, and it ultimately takes away the past. Life is so much like the waves, as life always will take back something from you and give something to you with every situation you find yourself in.

But this is also to be remembered that if you stand at the same place and look into your past, wanting to go back and relive it, you will find yourself being sucked in. I could see my feet now totally covered and sucked in about half a feet as I think about things of the past. I see this, and I move, picking up my feet (now full of sand) and step to another place in the waves. If you wish to be in your past, not wanting to change and take a new step in the present, life will suck you in ultimately thus making you a slave of the past and not the visionary of tomorrow. I gasp, come alive again and look at the beauty of nature in front of my eyes...

I could see in front of me the white light of the moon on the ocean making it shine like ice that I could play on. Life is a beauty but you need to take in the essence at every juncture of your life. That is what will fill our souls with smiles and cheer, with Peace and Happiness, with Purity and Light.

"Free yourself from the clutches of sadness and breathe like the ocean with a blue sky above you. This will redeem you."

No comments:

Post a Comment