Wednesday 18 June 2014

The Other Sex


I ask you, what did we do wrong

To be born this way?

You call me the other sex,

You call me a transgender.


I stand on roads, on signals and stations,

To beg for your mercy and kindness.

I am ashamed to ask for help from the hypocritical you.


But yet I live on,

And live to spread the love of God,

To bless all of you, the creations of the lord,

As you look at me, with hatred in your eyes.


Are we all, not children of God?

Do we all not have an equal right to live?

Then why the hate, why not the love,

We only need that to live.


Did we choose this?

Are we actually to blame?

Not even our fellow humans,

Nothing for us to claim.


But yet I smile,

I smile through my tears.

I am stupid to hope for a miracle,

I know you just don’t care.


You see me as an angry transgender,

Always eager to inflict pain,

But have you ever dwelled, oh fellow humans

The reason for your hurtful disdain.


Have you seen the lives we live?

The sadness that lurks in our mind.

The pain, the gloom, and the hatred we bare

Or are you just so blind.


I dream to see a better world,

One where people don’t start walking away me,

One that learns to love all of us,

One with empathy, which feels the pain I see.

2 comments: