Friday 3 October 2014

The Sound of people laughing around me

The sound of people laughing around me as I sit in an arm chair, reminiscing the times I have had, the memories I have felt, the people I learnt from and moments when I was left alone, in this full, yet empty world.
I see around me and I see emotions, I see layers, and I see masks. People clad in clothes, more so clad in masks. I see some people smiling, on the surface as there hearts are void of love and hollow from within.
Why? I ask Myself?...Why is this world layered in masks of disguise, impossible to see through, impossible to lift the veil?...Why, when all we need is a smile, we seek other, more Material things? It feels as if today, we have closed our hearts and our souls. We closed our lives.

In thinking that we will be happy, we seek truth, we seek kindness, we seek someone who cares but all we actually see and get are people with selfish motives, with ideas of greed, of lust, and of lies. I am in pain in seeing this layer of emotions, which has no deep value construct.

And I see all others here laughing, laughing at others, laughing at people who have had lesser opportunities than them. I ask myself, what have those who are being mocked done to be treated this way. People elevate themselves to be superior just so that they make a divergent society built on the lines of anarchy, where only their ego prevails.
People through time have lost what separates us from other species, the Human touch. The way we take care of people and the way we feel noble constitutes that. But we choose to layer our lives, layered in treachery and our own selfishness. We are becoming what we aimed not to become.

In all these sounds that surround me, I feel alone, alone because I choose not to stoop to this level of inhuman behaviour. These people have made walls so high, that even if I want to reach out, these walls and masks keep me away and I can't. And I still see the people around me, Laughing...

No comments:

Post a Comment